hi there im a distributor apparently some body as bought the

Customer Question

hi there im a distributor apparently some body as bought the name and logo. there have told me to cease trading yet i still have stock can there just stop me straight away or can i be allowed to sell what stock ive got thank you
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been trading under the name "Iron Asylum" for over a year, doing various trade shows around the country selling clothing to the health and fitness industry. The images that are printed on the clothing are designed by Jerry Beck and are all under the name of "Iron Asylum". I was under the verbal agreement with Jerry Beck of been the sole distributor of "Iron Asylum" in the UK as Jerry Beck was the owner,creator and distributor in the USA. However i have just discovered that the name "Iron Asylum" is now owned by a third party, i have been informed that i must cease trade and destroy all remaining stock. I'm not aware of any copyrighted company in UK that trade under the name of "Iron asylum". Hope this is enough information.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Who has this come from ? How? What do you know of this other company?

What do they make/sell? We need fine details please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

How did this

From what

Where has your
stuff come from and where did you get the logo from?

Where did you get
the name from, Jerry Beck?

If he allegedly
designed all this, how come they now maintain that it is their's?

What has he had
to say about this?

Has he registered

I need all the
missing bits of the jigsaw please.

The link and
embedded image appeared to be your logo. Where is their logo and what does it
look like or do you not know?