How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

partnership business Ihave a partner who has made false promises

Customer Question

partnership business Ihave a partner who has made false promises and now I need to know what to do. we are still communicating and I would like to get an answer to the problem.We have a building which we both own he brought the business to the building and that business pays a rent to an account that is our partnership account that pays the mortgage and I am employed in the business. I have worked the business as though it was my own for low wages and no holidays to achieve the promise of selling the business or renting it out. However the business has two sides and one is retail which I work and the other is wholesale which he works. He has never worked it properly and therefore we have been unable to sell it or rent it out. The money I have been making has just been spent on buying new equipment for his side. Because he his the owner of the business these purchases add to his assets. He acknowledges this and would at one time have liked to have compensated me. Now we have degenerated into putting each other in a corner via report. A buyer has come back with the money to purchase he will not sell. I am now considering to take over the retail side as a separate business in my own name. I would like my half of the building to revert in my name only in effect my business and my building so if I can build it up I can then sell it in my own right. There is a mortgage on the building and I would like to approach the bank to put it into separate accounts.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I
have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as
you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on
a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court
and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings
and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to
advise you fully.

I am
offline shortly until later day

I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

there a partnership agreement? Is it indeed a partnership or is it a limited company?

false promises?

long have you worked in the business for? What exactly is the problem, and what
would you like to know?

would you like to happen.

As I
said earlier, I am off-line today until later but will pick this up then

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice