12826847

My partner is in the process of getting a divorce and agreeing

Customer Question

My partner is in the process of getting a divorce and agreeing the separation of assets. My partner has offered to buy his ex out of the property and the intention is for he and I to secure a mortgage to buy the property from his ex wife. Before I commit to this I want to ensure that she will have no recourse to seek a claim on my earnings or information on my salary levels? I do not live with my partner at the moment.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

At what stage is she in the divorce?

Who is putting what money in? Does she have children? Ages?

Does the father pay maintenance?