How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My partner is in the process of getting a divorce and agreeing

Customer Question

My partner is in the process of getting a divorce and agreeing the separation of assets. My partner has offered to buy his ex out of the property and the intention is for he and I to secure a mortgage to buy the property from his ex wife. Before I commit to this I want to ensure that she will have no recourse to seek a claim on my earnings or information on my salary levels? I do not live with my partner at the moment.

Many thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

At what stage is she in the divorce?

Who is putting what money in? Does she have children? Ages?

Does the father pay maintenance?

Related Law Questions