12826847

I HAVE 2 JOBS MY MAIN JOB IS AN LGV DRIVER I HAVE WORKED

Customer Question

I HAVE 2 JOBS MY MAIN JOB IS AN LGV DRIVER I HAVE WORKED FOR THE COMPANY FOR 17YRS MY SECOND EMPLOYMENT IS A PART TIME FIREMAN WITH 38 YRS SERVICE ,DUE TO THE NEW EU DRIVING LAWS I HAVE BEEN GIVEN 3 MONTHS LEAVE FROM THE FIRE SERVICE SO I CAN LOOK TO CHANGE MY FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT 2 WEEKS AGO I ASKED MY EMPLOYER IF IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE FOR ME TO COME OFF DRIVING AND HAVE A POSITION IN THE YARD A SENIOR OFFICER ALSO ASED HER TO WHICH SHE TOLD US THERE WAS NO POSITION AVAILABLE LAST FRIDAY AND TODAY SHE HAS BEEN INTERVIEWING PEOPLE FOR A POSITION IN THE YARD AS I ALREADY WORK FOR THE COMPANY CAN SHE TURN ME DOWN FOR THE YARD POSITION THE MANAGER HAS TOLD ME HE IS PREPARED FOR ME TO CHANGE AND HE WOULD THEN EMPLOY A DRIVER I HAVE UNTIL TOMMOROW TO CHANGE MY FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT
Expert:  Jenny replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer, are you askng if it is ok for them to insist you leave your fire service job?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

MY EMPLOYER KNOWS THAT IF I DONT CHANGE MY FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT FROM DRIVING THAT I WILL HAVE TO FINISH WITH THE FIRE SERVICE MY SENIOR OFFICER HAS ALSO SPOKEN TO HER ABOUT THIS WHEN WE FIRST ASKED HER 2 WEEKS AGO SHE SAID THERE WAS NO POSITION IN THE YARD BUT I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY ANOTHER MEMBER OF STAFF WHO HAS BEEN DOING THE INTERVIEWS HE IS WILLING FOR ME TO COME OFF DRIVING INTO THE YARD AND HE WILL EMPLOY A DRIVER TO REPLACE MYSELF

Expert:  Jenny replied 4 years ago.
ok what would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

CAN MY EMPLOYER REFUSE FOR ME TO COME OFF DRIVING AND BE EMPLOYED ON YARD DUTIES THEN I CAN STAY EMPLOYED WITH THE FIRE SERVICE

Expert:  Jenny replied 4 years ago.
ok no problem, I will now answer your question in full. I just need to travel back to the office I will answer in about 20 mins.