UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I cant find a job I been looking for the last year to help

Customer Question

I can't find a job I been looking for the last year to help my partner stay in England I am English and he is algeria ,3 half years been together ,been told that I have to work full or part time but finding it very hard for work ,i am on benefite so can I set up my own business and be self implode ? Will that work If we marry in the townhall when we aplie for visa we they say he has to go back to algeria we finding this very hard as we don't know what the best thing to do is and I feel stuck thank you
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time

What visa is your partner on?
Will you and your partner be willing to reside in a European country for a year together?
How much will you be earning on your self employed work?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We live in London and staying in London he is elgal in England and that's why I asked about self inplode as we don't know and is there amount I have to earn ?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

In respect of your self employment you would still need to earn at least 18600 pounds gross per year. The income threshold does not change simply because you switch to self employment. You would need to provide accounts for the last year which would need to total of 18600, please see following link in particular Page 41 :

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=appendix+fm+se&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDMQFjAB&url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/ policyandlaw/IDIs/chp8-annex/section-FM-1.7.pdf?view=Binary&ei=LlKRUbyKEMSSOPORgdAI&usg=AFQjCNFgVtfblUmai40pFSuutYq2PuRMIg&bvm=bv.46340616,d.ZWU

Unfortunately the application would not have a chance to be successful simply because you meet the financial requirements it is much more difficult then that. What you need to bare in mind is that your partner is an overstayer and the home office do not accept applications from individuals from inside of the uk if they have overstayed more than 28 days. Please see following link :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2012/october/01-rules

Unfortunately it does seem difficult for your partner, he would need to leave the uk and apply from outside of the uk to have a chance of being granted a spouse visa.

I am sorry if the advice given is not what you wanted to hear but the immigration rules are very strict in respect of granting individuals leave to remain in the uk.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please DO NOT rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.