12826847

I am due to attend a planning committee tomorrow to raise objections

Customer Question

I am due to attend a planning committee tomorrow to raise objections about my neighbours alterations. Their garage is just one of two units in a purpose built garage block. The garages front my driveway, over which they have access rights only. The properties are Grade II listed, however the garage, being post 1948 is not bit but it falls within the curtilage of listed buildings and is situated within the South Downs National Park. They converted their garage into an office, removed the matching metal up and over doors and installed folding glazed patio doors. They applied for retrospective planning and LB consent and this was refused outright. They have now submitted new drawings to infill the glazed panels with tongue and groove wood with glazed panels in the top 1/3rd of the doors. Planning are recommending approval. I have a question pertaining to Development not Permitted E1 (f)..do they need permission for change of use, and are they allowed to convert more that 10sq metres of the garage? Apart from the fact that these doors are overbearing and of different material to the pre-existing black metal up and over doors the planning officer has not taken into account the impact this has had on the adjacent garage, which belongs to me. It is a regular garage block, housing 2 identical units. My other concerns is that when they open these doors they can sit in their office overlooking my driveway. Your advice as to how approach this tomorrow would be appreciated.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My question has been answered by someone else thank you.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

As your question has been answered elsewhere, would you like me to cancel this one for you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes please, thank you. I'm afraid it took too long for a reply to reach me and it was urgent. Hi reply has only just come in and it is asking whether I have a specific question! Not much help as it is near the end of the working day and I have to prepare a report.

I won't be charged for this will I?

Thanks,

We are sorry you did not receive an answer in your required timeframe. We will process a refund for you and you should receive an email confirmation of this.