Max Lowry, Advocate
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
51031577

my daughter was handicapped and in a care home for the last

Customer Question

my daughter was handicapped and in a care home for the last 5 years prior to this she was cared for at home but after the death of my wif eshe was placed in a home she was 48years old. She had swallowing difficulties. A carer took for to the local theatre and bought her some marshmallows which she choked on and unfortunately she suffered extensive brain damage and died after some days. The care home wishes to meet with me and I am aprehensive, would they think I wanted compensation?
Expert:  Max Lowry replied 4 years ago.

Max Lowry :

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I will help you with your question.

Max Lowry :

This sounds absolutely terrible, I am truly sorry for your loss.

Max Lowry :

The care home might think there is a possible claim by you here, if you're her personal representative.

Max Lowry :

When did all of this happen?

Max Lowry :

Are you there?