12826847

Iam outraged at the antics of the NAT WEST BANK. I have a current

Customer Question

Iam outraged at the antics of the NAT WEST BANK. I have a current account with them with an overdraft limit of £2500 and endeavour to keep within that. On 9th of May my bank (sort code 54-10-01 debited my accont by £5783.96 to pay the total outstanding debt on a NAT WEST charge card that I have and put my account into the red to the tune of £5157.08whilst at the same time refusing a payment of £4.34 to a dog charity that I support. Ihave been receving obnoxious letters from the bank about my unagreed overdraft, stating what the charges are going to be. The excessive overdraft on my account is entirely of their own making. What can be done to get me out of this situation?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

Did they give a reason for doing this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

good service

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Why did they do this?

Was the charge card overdue or in arrears?