13262538

hello, my house is a leasehold, and the leaseholders agents

hello, my house is a leasehold, and the leaseholders agents say that I must take building insurance from an insurer as specified by them.Is this legal or can I choose my own insurer as long as the cover is adequate?
regards, paul
Thank you for your question I will do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
What does the lease say on this point?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Claire,

I have checked my documentation but I don't seem to have a copy of the lease,which I don't remember seeing since completing the house purchase in 1993 at my solictors.should I request a copy from my solicitor or the leaseholder?

Paul

You need to see a copy of the Lease.
You can ask for a copy from the Agents; your solicitors or the Land Registry.
It is likely I am afraid that the lease does indeed give the Landlord the choice on who Insures the property - or at the very least the right to approve who you choose.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask
Claire