12826847

HELLO I AM A LANDLORD MY CURRENT TENANT WHO HAS BEEN LIVING

HELLO I AM A LANDLORD MY CURRENT TENANT WHO HAS BEEN LIVING IN THE PROPERTY FOR ABOUT 5YRS OWES ME RENT ARREARS OF £4860.45 I GIVE HIM A SECTION 21 ON 19TH FEB 2013 TO VACATE THE PREMISES ON THE 19TH OF APRIL BUT THE CAB TOLD ME IT WAS INVALID BECAUSE IT DID NOT HAVE A START DATE ON IT. THEN HE SAID HE WANTED TO STAY IN THE PROPERTY AND WAS WILLING TO PAY £125.00 WEEKLY STARTING LAST FRIDAY BUT NEVER PAID.COULD YOU TELL ME WERE I STAND PLEASE IF I WANT HIM OUT ASAP
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

In order to give you answer tailored to your circumstances I will need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Is he on an assured shorthold tenancy agreement?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes we can't seem to find his tenancy

Do you know when the last one expired roughly?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it was a 6 months lease or tenancy agreement taken about 5 years ago

Have you signed another since please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no

Thanks for the information.

He is on a periodic tenancy agreement now. The AST will have rolled over into a periodic.

You need to serve a S21 notice upon him and a S8 notice citing grounds 8, 10 and 11.

Unfortunately, under a S21 notice he is entitled to two months notice. However, at the end of that you can apply for accelerated possession which is quick at that time.

Under S8 you only need to give 14 days notice but its a longer time to get the matter into court.

Its worth serving both because you will get a compensation order at the end of it. I realise you might never get the money from him but its better to have an order for compensation than not.

If you call Sue at ABC Properties on 07595 752223 in the morning she will probably deal with this for you for a nominal sum.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.