I believe the father to my 2 daughters is taking cocaine,(

Customer Question

I believe the father to my 2 daughters is taking cocaine,( snorting rather than smoking)...we have been separated 8yrs now, but my worry is what to do regarding visits and where do I stand as I am the only responsible parent it seems? My daughters are 13 and 8. The eldest is beginning to ask questions about him and his behaviour.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

Does he have a contact order?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We have always had a verbal agreement, every other wend he sees them. But he hasn't kept to this, has gone AWOL up to 8mths with no contact whatsoever. He doesn't pay child maintenance, the CSA are continuing to fight my corner 8yrs on.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Why do you think this? How does it affect him?

How often does he see children? Is that your concern?

Does he history of drug use?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have always let girls see their father, never denied access. He doesn't make effort to see them, they may call on him if they wish to see him? One reason I left him was because I found drugs in his pocket...and at his house. Girls may see him once month?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

How does it affect him?

What is it about his conduct that is being questioned?

Do you beleive that the children are safe when they are with him?
Does your eldest child wish to see him?