Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I worked for a company until January 2010, leaving because

I worked for a company until January 2010, leaving because of a dispute over unpaid hours, unfortunately I have been seriously incapacitated since June 2010 until now, the original company I worked for was bought by another company and that company has also been purchased by another. Are these companies still responsible for employee disputes?
William Leach
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. Dear Mr. Leach, just because a company has been taken over by another company does not mean that it avoids liability for existing or pre-existing employee disputes. Essentially, in your situation, each of the companies taking over a company remains liable for the existing employment disputes which exist at the time of takeover. Essentially, the company taking over the other inherits all employee disputes which are in existence and the legal liability continues remains with the company taking over the other. Accordingly, if you have a dispute over unpaid hours in existence since June 2010 with a company which has been taken over twice in the interim, each of the taking over companies will be liable for your claim for unpaid hours. Accordingly, you should continue to prosecute your claim as it existed, but be aware that each of the companies which took over the other inherited this liability to your for unpaid hours.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Sir,

I did rate your service yesterday and asked a follow up question. I will be prosecuting this matter in the small claims court but I understand that the precise wording of the claim form is very important, I also wish to claim expenses and interest on what is owed, are you able to help write the claim?

William leach

Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.
2. I regret to say that this is a Question and Answer forum. It is not a legal assistance forum whereby legal work is done as in a full service law firm. Accordingly, you will have to draft your own claim form. I will not be able to help you write the claim. I would recommend that you see a full service solicitor for this purpose.