13262538

Hi Claire, thank you for your replay. I wander if it is better

Customer Question

Hi Claire, thank you for your replay. I wander if it is better for me to go with the adultery. The ex told me she will sign the documents and I think I will have a better position in the eyes of court if we go there. As we were talking before we do not want to put our daughter through court orders, so she agreed to sign a petition. Could you explain what are advantages and disadvantages for me regarding future contact with daughter (if she decide to be with her) if I go with the adultery. What is her situation in this case? Sorry that my questions are a bit chaotic, but I would like to understand my positionin the whole situation. The other thing is the house I live, I bought it 8 years ago (during our marriage) and the martgage is only for my name. What will happen after divorce?
KInd regards,
Adam
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
Claire

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire,

The house is worth about £100k and outstanding mortgage is £60k.

Adam

The grounds on which you divorce your ex will have no effect on either the issues regarding your daughter or the financial settlement
The starting point for division of the assets is 50/50 and I am afraid it is unlikely that the court will stray far from this despite the length of time that you have owned the property
However disappointing I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information
Claire