13262538

I went through the channels to adopt a child as a single parent

Customer Question

I went through the channels to adopt a child as a single parent which became legal in Jan 2007, but the previous November 2006 I married and did not declare it to the court because I was naïve and did not want to start the whole adoption process again. I would now like to divorce but am afraid the dates won't add up when asked for information during the divorce proceedings and I wonder what trouble I will get in to, having basically lied in court.
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first
I assume that you alone adopted the child?
What is your concern about the court?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I did adopt alone in my maiden name bUt when I went to court I was married but did not declare it. I suppose I am worried that I did not tell social services about getting married, although they knew I was seeing someone and also that I should have told the court & adopted in my married name but still as single adopter. Hope makes sense, & I may be fretting over a minor detail. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
To put it another way I adopted in my maiden name "hall but was actually already married and suppose I should have adopted in. my married name.
If your concern is that the adoption will be revoked then you need have no worry this will not happen given the length of time the child has been with you nor will any other penalty be applied.
However if you wished to adopt again then there could be problems.
I hope that this is of assistance to you - please ask if you need further information
Claire