Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Hi I am the executor of my grandmas estate and beneficiary.

Customer Question

Hi I am the executor of my grandma's estate and beneficiary. there is a property that is left between myself, my two children and my sister in equal parts. The children are young and I will be thier trustee for any estate left to them. it has been up for sale for a few months now and as executor i think it would be in our best interests to rent it out whilst waiting for a buyer. I have bills to pay on the property and my sister refuses to help me with these. she agreed at first to rent out the property after i explained the beneifts. but has since disreguarded the idea completely with absolutely no reason why. Am I able to rent the property without her say so as im struggling with the bills as it is?

Regards XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

Are you the sole executor please or joint executor with your sister?