12826847

We have sold our property and are seperating . We have been

Customer Question

We have sold our property and are seperating . We have been married for ten years (together for 17 years)and have a fourteen year old son who will be living with me. Am i right in believing that i can claim 2/3rds of the sale proceeds(1 third for my son and 1 third for myself). I dont have the earning capability of my husband and have always had to get employment that fits around my son. My husband is a firefighter and a qualified gas fitter . He also has some bonds that are going to mature this year , one around £50,000 and another for £14,000 , would i be entitled to any of this money.? i am less worried about the bonds but really do need to know about the house proceeds as i need to have as small a mortgage as possible. thank you for your time. Dawn Adams
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What income do you each have, and how much will a two bedroom property in the same general area cost?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the house sold for £ 240,000 and we owe £20,000 , the fees are around £10,000 so that leaves us with £210.000. i dont know what a 2 bed house would be worth in my area as they are usually too expensive. i have looked at a property in another town....2 bed mid terrace, £155,000.

my income is 16,000 per annum and my husbands is £30,000 plus income from his plumbing - around £15-£20,000 a year.

Any idea of the amount of his pension - and is he retained fire fighter?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He will have a full pension . He is a full time london firefighter although not at all sure of the final figure.

Where did the money in the bonds actually come from?
Claire