Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I bought a Toyota Auris Automatic 3 years old 16000 miles from

Customer Question

I bought a Toyota Auris Automatic 3 years old 16000 miles from a Toyota Dealer in March 2013. A week or so after delivery I complained that the car jerked when changing gear. I took the car back six times to the dealer for this fault and others every time they said there was no problem. However last week I drove the car with a mechanic from the dealers workshop, after a short ride for the first time ever the mechanic now agreed that there is a problem but it cannot be repaired as there is a gearbox design problem, a redisgned gearbox is now fitted to later Auris cars. I asked for a full refund of the purchase price £9431 this was refused. They would only offer trade price £7325 a loss of just over £2000 to me.
I aam due to meet the dealer again on Wednesday this week. If they don't offer a full refund is it sensible to take legal action for a full refund ? Also is it illegal for the dealer
to sell a car with a known fault which is not repairable ?
Doug Glen
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

Have they given any reason as to why they feel the trade price is the appropriate figure to pay you please - would I be correct to presume not?

Josh-2010 :

Do you still require assistance with this please? I would be delighted to assist you if you do. I trust you can read my above post? Please let me know if I can be of any help to you whatsoever. Kind regards