13262538

Could you please help me. Our son has married a south African

Customer Question

Could you please help me. Our son has married a south African girl in south Africa. I have been told she is entitled to claim on our estate when my husband dies. There has been a lot of rift claiming she only married him for his fathers estate what legal rights do we have to stop this please help Margaret xXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you - but first please confirm that you and your husband are in the UK and all your assets are here
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes we are living in the U.K perminately

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes we are both in U.K and all our assets are in the UK

The she can have no direct claim upon your assets at all as they will be dealt with either in accordance with your of your husband's Wills if you have made then - in which case your estate will go to whoever you have nominated - or under the UK Intestacy Rules.
Of course in the event that your son inherits money from his father his wife will have a claim on that in the event of his death or divorce
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information
Claire