29905560

iworkforadriversagencyibymistakeputpetrolinoneoftheirvansn

Customer Question

iworkforadriversagencyibymistakeputpetrolinoneoftheirvansnowtheagencywillnotpaymylastweekspayhavetheytherighttotakemymoney

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Before proceeding please note that as I am a practising solicitor, I am often in and out of meetings, travelling between clients or even at court when I pick your question up. This may even occur at weekends. Therefore, I apologise in advance but there may be a delay in getting back to you and providing my advice. Please be patient and I will respond as soon as I can. You do not have to wait here and you will receive an email when I have responded. For now please let me know how long you have worked there.

JACUSTOMER-191qlxae- :

fordriverhirenearly2yearstheysupplydriverstocompaniesastheyareagents

JACUSTOMER-191qlxae- :

I have worked there for two years

Ben Jones :

Is there a contract in place that states such deductions can be made from your pay?

JACUSTOMER-191qlxae- :

I have not seen one ,and no one have mentioned it to me

The employer needs to have a specific clause that allows them to make these deductions. If no such clause exists then any such deductions would be unlawful and will amount to a breach of contract. In that case you have the option of pursuing the agency for the money that was unlawfully deducted. Whilst I suggest that you write to them first and challenge these deductions, if they ignore your correspondence and you have no luck in getting the money from them in that way, you are able to issue a claim in the Small Claims Court via www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating. Your question will not close and I can continue providing further advice if necessary. Thank you