12826847

I moved into property 2002 Protectawall outside coating guarantee

Customer Question

I moved into property 2002 Protectawall outside coating guarantee did not expire until 2014. 2008 Protectawall called out as i had cracks and flaking on outside wall, I paid again for mending cracks and re-coat (don't know why) and new guarantee for 15 years given to 2023. Called them this year as flaking and cracks re-appeared. Told Mr.Whitehouse had retired and son had taken on old clients with new company name of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Call XXXX Whitehouse and explained, he said yes had taken on old clients but may not be able to help with problems as this would cost him money!! I sent all the relevant guanrantees and paperwork over the years to him and he came round to discuss and basically told me he could not help as new company. I contacted Citizens Advice and Trading standards and basically told me i did not have a leg to stand on as new company. I have since had to pay out over £8000.00 to have put right being told that mastic had been used for outside brickwork in holes which should never have been done and bad workmanship. I will now be paying £112 a month for the next 10 years for work that should have been under guarantee. I have today received a letter from XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Mr. XXXX Whitehouse (Son) saying my original guarantee is due to run out 2014 and they can offer me a discount for using them again!! I know what i would like to say!! but have they gone against trade description act, how has he got old database knowing about my guarantee then there must be a link to the 2 companies as he cannot resell something that is not valid anymore? I am on my own and really want some help here, i had put this to bed and thought ok been done big time but receiving this letter in the post today i am fuming, can you please help, is there any way i can re-couperate and of my monies against this old or new company, oh and the old Protectawall are still submitting tax returns if that helps. Thank you Kim XXXXXXXX

Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

Can you confirm whether the companies involved as limited companies please?

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

Yes they are limited

Josh-2010 :

Thanks. Were the guarantees in question underwritten by any form of insurance?

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

Oh i could'nt tell you, is it possible to send relevant paperwork and guarantees to you as i have all this to hand on my works computer?

Josh-2010 :

Yes certainly if you can upload them. You can either do this using the paperclip symbol or by contacting customer services to whom you can email them - the latter is a little more long winded though.

Josh-2010 :

Is this the company?
PROTECTAWALL XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXX XXXXXX
BN42 4FN

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

Hope this has worked?

Josh-2010 :

I am afraid I can't see anything...

Josh-2010 :

yet...

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

No this was the original company: Protectawall, XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

I am going to have to email over, can you tell me the email please?

Josh-2010 :

Yes certainly. You can contact customer services using the links on the following page:

Josh-2010 :

http://ww2.justanswer.co.uk/en-gb/help

Josh-2010 :

They will be delighted to assist you.

Josh-2010 :

Shall we continue once you have been able to email the document over?

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

Yes thank you, XXXXX XXXXX though i have paid out now, I am in no hurry just want justice and if possible maybe some money back.

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

thank you again

Josh-2010 :

Certainly. As soon as I have the documents I will get back in touch.

Josh-2010 :

Before you go, I may have found the company in question:
XXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX
(Previously known as Protectawall - changed to the above in 1996)

Josh-2010 :

Is that the company?

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

Never heard of them only Protectawall and now XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

paperwork has been sent with all original works and i will also send emails to and from the son.

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

thank you

Josh-2010 :

A pleasure. As soon as Customer Services forward it to me I will contact you. You should receive an email notification. It can take a little while for them to forward i on but they are usually pretty good

Josh-2010 :

If there is anything else in the meantime, do let me know.

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

I phoned Luke Whitehouse saying that apparently i can put a banner on the side of my house saying this is the results of bad workmanship of Protectawall and now known as XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX, he told me he was not going to pander to my needs and sent me this email.

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :
Dear Mrs Mathers.
I will simply suggest you refrain from slandering my company on the side of your building. I understand and sympathise with your position but I am unable to fund the repairs for your home. We have no reponsibilty to cover another companies guarantees. All I have done is meet you and inspect the wall free of charge, as well as supply a letter at your request of my findings. I apologise that my efforts have come to no avail in terms of restoring your walls. I would simply request that if you do install such a thing that you contact me or my office, I feel I should at least witness your efforts.
I do hope you reconsider your course of action, I simply can't see it benefiting anyone save the person you hire to install your planned "advertisement". As always, feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.
Best regards
XXXX XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX
Josh-2010 :

Do you want to wait until I have the documents in question. I am of course happy to help with the above without them but as the documents are relevant there is a danger that what I tell you may either be wrong or not the whole picture. Alternatively I can proceed without the documents in question and outline the position in each case so you can check them later.

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

No fine, i can wait and maybe do some work lol

Josh-2010 :

No problem. I will contact you as soon as possible as above.

Josh-2010 :

Best wishes

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

Thank you :)

Josh-2010 :

A pleasure

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

Have you an answer for me yet please ??

Josh-2010 :

I'm really sorry but I have as yet heard nothing from customer services. Have you received a response from them?

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

Yes i received response 5 minutes after we signed off saying they would forward onto you?

Josh-2010 :

Hmm. Could I trouble you to send them a chase advising that I have not received anything from them? Unfortunately as I do not have a reference it may take some while for them to track down your email if I do. I as sorry for the delay.

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

Ok sent and requested reply from them

Josh-2010 :

Thanks. I'll be in touch as soon as I receive the documents.

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

Have a good bank holiday if i dont hear from you

Josh-2010 :

And to you.

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

Any answers yet please ??

Josh-2010 :

I am so sorry but I have still had nothing from customer services. I will see if there is anything I can do my end to chase...

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

Ok is there anyway i can just email them to you, promise i won't keep the email address and bug you but might help both of us !!

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

I have sent to them again advising 3rd attempt !!

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

They have just emailed me to say they have sent the paperwork to you ?

Josh-2010 :

I'm so sorry but I have received nothing. Unfortunately I cannot give you an email address even if I was allowed to because the system automatically blanks out email addresses. I can only apologise for this. I have asked the category moderator to look at this and revert to me.

dianne-cssm41427.6120043634
JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

Any answers yet please as they have now charged me??

Josh-2010 :

I am pleased to confirm I have now received the above documents. Two guarantees to be exact. I am sorry for the extended delay. May I continue to assist you with this?

JACUSTOMER-60fiv2j4- :

was it just the guarantees you received or all the other paperwork as well?