12826847

Hello I am currently contracting in the Netherlands via

Customer Question

I am currently contracting in the Netherlands via a UK/NL based agency for a large IT service organisation. The end client is a UK bank and operates globally.

The IT service organisation has brought in a new agency to manage all other agencies and are asking contractors to sign a new agreement with an 8% pay cut, payment reduction and 6 month competition clause as there is not once currently in place with the IT service organisation.

However, with my agency current agency i do have a competition clause of 6 months as stated below.

Client' means "IT Service company name" in The Netherlands or any Associated Firm,
organisation division or department or sub-contractor or persons with who you have material involvement during the currency of this assignment.

I may have an option of contracting direct to the end client in the uk (for the UK bank) and would like to know if the clause above or the rest of my contract (which can be provided) witch stop me from joining the client within the 6 months. The wording looks vague with no company names mentioned as id expect to see

Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

Is the contract under English law?

Can you recite the exact wording?

AJ
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Ajla,

The contract is under Dutch law ive been told by my agency and written in english

Can i supply you with a copy of it possibly as its in pdf format?

Thanks Rich

Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

I am afraid I will have to opt out and see if a lawyer specialising in Dutch law is available.

AJ