12826847

I have made a mistake on my N1 Small Claims form but have submitted

Customer Question

I have made a mistake on my N1 Small Claims form but have submitted it yesterday on line.I noticed I had input the wrong amount of arrears I am claiming for from the defendent. What do I do now? Is there a form I need to fill in? MCOL in Northampton is where my claim is, do I have time to ask for it to be amended before it is issued to defendent? I don't want it thrown out as it is a genuine mistake. Have spent hours trying to find what the proceedure is. Do I need to wait til its allocated to my County Court (Lincoln)?
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

You just need to apply to amend th claim using am n244 form. People amend claims all the time. You will actually find quite a good guide here

http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/Amending_A_Claim

Considering its not generally a reliable site!

You should apply as soon as possible but it won't be refused. Its a reasonable application and the small claims court attracts litigants in person so there are mistakes all the time.

Claims only get struck out if you just ignore directions really.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information