i left my husband 17 years ago i live in one house and he lives

Customer Question

i left my husband 17 years ago i live in one house and he lives in another house but have remained in a relationship with each other going out together spending time together

i am his wife and my husband has just died but has left his estate to his daughter as the executive of his estate

i want to has his wife organise his funereal his daughters husband said who is paying for the funeral i said my husbands estate he is not happy about this what are my rights has his wife to carry out my husbands wishes to me of his funeral his daughter also wants rights to organise her fathers funeral although i have always been there for my husband at hospital when he had a cancer operation i moved back into my husbands house for 3 months to look after him. my husband wanted me to stay we have always had a brillant relationship He came to my house everyday i also cooked for him about one day a week I like living on my on and so did my husband but we always went out togther nearly every day as a couple. please answer me the question what are my rights thank you
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information first.
Who as been appointed as Executor of the estate - is that his daughter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

His daughter her name is susan and she the appointed executor of his estate

Hi Barbara
Then I am so very sorry but she is the one entitled to organise the Funeral as that is the duty of the Executor - only if she did not wish to would the task fall to you.
I am so sorry to to have to give you such bad news at the time of your sad loss
I f you need further information please ask
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When my husband and I married we had an extention put onto HIS house and I put money into this extention when I left to live on my own we still had a relationship right up to his death

I asked him for the money back and he would not give it to me but he left a letter which was typed up by his solicitors stating that we had a finacial commentment together and he left me £10000.00 although I put more money into the extention I did say to him at the time that I would contest his will when he died what please are my chances of this The letter has disappeared but his solicitor has told me they still have a copy on file but I was not allowed a copy.thank you and you were right his daughter has been very horrible to me although she only saw her father and in my opinion and others that she used her father has a money box please please help me

How much did you spend on the Extension and how much did it add to the value of the property?