29905560

I have been suspended from work for bumping into someone in

Customer Question

I have been suspended from work for bumping into someone in a door way I am going on holiday tomorrow and this has compleatly ruined my holidy. When I am cleared of any wrong doing do I have a case for compensation for the holiday ?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. I am afraid you cannot just claim compensation for this situation. The employer is perfectly entitled to suspend you if they have reasons to believe you have been guilty of misconduct and being suspended is not actually an indication of guilt. It is a precautionary measure on the part of the employer, although I must admit that it should only be used for more serious allegations, rather than an accusation of you bumping into someone.

The only potential claim you can make would require you to take some rather drastic steps. If you have been wrongly suspended you can potentially treat this as a breach of trust and confidence on the employer's part and consider resigning and claiming constructive dismissal. However as you can see you need to leave your job before you can actually claim and there is of course no guarantee you will be successful if you claimed

Ben Jones :

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating. Your question will not close and I can continue providing further advice if necessary. Thank you