13262538

my father died when i was 11 years old and was sole beneficiary

Customer Question

my father died when i was 11 years old and was sole beneficiary ! I received a lump some of money which was placed in trust until my 18th birthday!

I have found out that my father and mother jointly registered ownership of a property in 1984.

this is copied from the registration document i acquired:

Title absolute
1 (02.03.2010) PROPRIETOR: JENNIFER LORRAINE AUSTIN and MARK PARKYN
of 17 Cleaveland, Wadebridge, Cornwall PL27 7PT.
C: Charges Register
This register contains any charges and other matters
that affect the land.
1 A Conveyance of the land in this title dated 31 December 1984 made
between (1) North Cornwall District Council and (2) Martin
Warriner Austin and Jennifer Lorraine Austin contains restrictive
covenants.
NOTE: Original filed.
End of

Martin Warriner Austin is my father , Mark Parkyn is the man who my mother was having relations with at the time I witness my father being taken away from that property by police!

mark parkyn is not married to my mother ( jennifer lorraine austin) !

Do I have a right to claim my fathers (Martyn Warriner Austin) portion of the property! as i have never knowingly sighed any document for this or any property!
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you.
I am afraid that the Registered Title shows that at some point your father parted with his interest in the property.
This may have been by way of a financial settlement with your mother or it may have happened automatically when he died because it was held as Beneficial Joint Tenants.
Either way I am afraid that you have no claim on the property and your mother was free to share the ownership of the property with her new partner if she so wished.
I am sorry that that this was not the news you were hoping for - but please ask if you need further information
Claire