12826847

We have been pursued under the landlord and tenant (covenant)

Customer Question

We have been pursued under the landlord and tenant (covenant) act 1995 for non pay,net of rent arrears and electricity bills for the tenant in the commercial property, we sold the business and had the lease signed over as a third party, we did not sign an AGA when doing this. We have had nothing to do with the business for 2.5 years and the non payment is for the last 2 most recent quarters. How do we go about getting this removed from us?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?