Hi I have been summons to court for jumping a red a led, however

Customer Question

Hi I have been summons to court for jumping a red a led, however I did not jump a red light! the photo shows me after the light was red but there is no photo of me before the line showing me in front whilst it was amber. The photo is of my apparantly 1 sec after the light turnt red.

I will not plead guilty for something I have not done. Im a very good driver i have no points etc. How reliable are these cameras, what is your experience pls of people pleading not guilty in these circumstances?

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you answer tailored to your circumstances I will need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

On what basis are you hoping to contest this? You seem to accept going through an amber light?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well Im just assuming it must have been amber for the picture to have shown me 1 second after on a red light as it wouldnt have gone that quickly to green unless there was something wrong the lights. In the evidence it says" the data provided on these photographs is automatically recorded as the device is activated, and the data confirms that the red light camera was operating correctly. it also confirmst that the amber and red traffic lighs had operated in the correct sequence".

No, but you do accept going through an amber light?

Was there an emergency that you were avoiding?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I accept going through an amber light. Emergency I was avoiding - sorry confused by that question can you explain further please?

thank you

Sorry, I see where the confusion is.

I completely see why you are pursuing the inquiry that you are but its a misconception I'm afraid.

I am sorry but you misunderstand the law. The law requires you to stop at red lights always but also to stop at amber lights unless to do so would cause some form of accident.

If you accept driving through lights on amber then the offence is made out against you I'm afraid.

If your defence here is essentially that the lights were amber and not red then I'm afraid you should plead guilty as you would be convicted at court.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thank you

No problem.

Sorry it cannot be more positive.