Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

I recently attended Court with my Solicitor to attend the 2nd

Customer Question

I recently attended Court with my Solicitor to attend the 2nd Hearing about my Divorce. We attended Court On the date and time the Hearing was to take place. On arrival at Court we were told the Hearing had been moved to another date. We were not notified of the changes and I have received a bill from my Solicitor for £3500-00. Can I get this money back from the Court as it was down to the Court to inform my Solicitor about the changes?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

Was your solicitor aware of the change?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My Solicitor had not been informed of the changes by the Court or my wife's Solicitors

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Who asked for the hearing to be moved?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My wife's Solicitor asked for the Hearing to be moved.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

In which case the solicitors acting for your wife should be asked to bear those costs as they should have advised yr own solicitor.

Even so, £3500 for hearing which didn't take place is expensive. I would certainly query the make up of the amount.

Can I help further?