13262538

divorced after 2 years of marriage.

Customer Question

My husband and I are getting divorced after 2 years of marriage. We have fairly complicated finances but have managed to amicably agree a financial settlement which we are both accepting of. It has positives and negatives for both parties but we are both happy with it. What will be needed for the courts? My husband has 2 businesses which I have put substantial money into personally (circa 70K+) and I have a large company pension scheme. We have agreed that he will keep a commercial property that we own and I will retain the free assets. We do not want to go to the additional expense of having everything valued as we are comfortable with the decisions that we have made

Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you.
If you wish to have the protection of a Final Financial Order sealed by the Court which brings an end to your financial relationship then you will have to disclose basic financial details to the court.
The form that has to be used is here
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/d081-eng.pdf
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information
Claire