How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34274
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

divorced after 2 years of marriage.

Customer Question

My husband and I are getting divorced after 2 years of marriage. We have fairly complicated finances but have managed to amicably agree a financial settlement which we are both accepting of. It has positives and negatives for both parties but we are both happy with it. What will be needed for the courts? My husband has 2 businesses which I have put substantial money into personally (circa 70K+) and I have a large company pension scheme. We have agreed that he will keep a commercial property that we own and I will retain the free assets. We do not want to go to the additional expense of having everything valued as we are comfortable with the decisions that we have made

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you.
If you wish to have the protection of a Final Financial Order sealed by the Court which brings an end to your financial relationship then you will have to disclose basic financial details to the court.
The form that has to be used is here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information