12826847

I looked into quickie divorce with a company on line and ticked

Customer Question

I looked into quickie divorce with a company on line and ticked agreed terms and conditions which stated a 7 day cooling off. I changed my mind and emailed within the 7 days to say circumstances have changed and I don't want to carry on. I paid £150 and asked for a refund but they have refused saying that there was a phrase in the terms and conditions which said I acknowledge that by moving forward and logging into the admin section of the website. I will be utilising the company's software (where the computer software is unsealed by the computer immediately on entry) I understand that in doing so I will lose my 7day Distance Selling Regs cancellation period. Thus lose my rights to a refund, surely this is not legal, I didn't download any of their software and only filled in the 1 form they told me to. Your advice would be welcomed thank you
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

Do you have a specific question? What do you want to happen? How did you pay?