12826847

If my son agrees a compromise agreement can he still go to

Customer Question

If my son agrees a compromise agreement can he still go to authorities regarding health and safety matters concerning minors

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. For now please explain his circumstances a bit more.

JACUSTOMER-aju0rx9u- :

My son is/was a tutor in the entertainment business, he was dismissed for gross misconduct regarding a complaint about using his computer to access emails/facebook during lessons. There are NO IT procedures in place and he has no business email address. He is contacted by the company via his personal email address and is also contact by Head Masters/Teachers and parents at this personal email address. He has hard evidence of his line manager leaving personal documents on the company computer of a sexual nature and videos of him putting the young students at health and safety risks. These have been ignored by the employer. They have offered my son an unsatisfactory compromise agreement, can he accept and then go to the releant authoritises.

Ben Jones :

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I understand there were some technical issues with viewing this chat. Have you checked the terms of the CA to see if what he proposed to do is restricted by its terms?