Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
11292137

I am a 55 year old man working in an international oil group.

Customer Question

I am a 55 year old man working in an international oil group. I have accrued 33 years continuous service which will benefit me considerably once I retire as I am on a final salary scheme. Company retirement age is 65.

I have also enjoyed good salary growth over the years as a result of a series of positive annual appraisals.

The company has said that it has completed a reappraisal of job functions with an outside consultant, Hay Group. It has indicated that after the reappraisal that a maximum earnings collar may be applied to some positions. This mean that certain individuals will not necessarily receive an increase in their annual salary in the future (and their pensionable pay in the future)

I don't know if I am affected but I fear the worse. If I am affected am I being discriminated against because of my age and long service? Am I entitled to see the Hay report? Over the course of the last couple of years I have effectively taken on extra job responsibilities and I would be curious to see if this is reflected in their analysis.

XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Would you be prepared to take them to tribunal now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, mainly because I don't know yet how I will be impacted.

If the worst was to happen and they were to cap my salary in future and not other people in the organisation would I have the right to raise an objection?

I would be concerned about how they interpret the Hay report hence my question about whether I would have the right to view it.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Yes you do have the right but if they refuse you are faced with court appliaction.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Type a follow-up message to re-engage your customers and find out if they'd like to ask a new question.

e.g. Hi Barbara, how is your dog doing? Is there anything else I can help with?

Tip: You can create reusable templates to save time.