I own my own property, a detached house but share the drive

Customer Question

I own my own property, a detached house but share the drive with my neighbour. Our garages are at the end of the drive.My neighbour and his wife park their cars in front of their house. For many years either the neighbour's son or daughter parked on the shared drive whilst I parked on the road. When they left home I started to park on the shared drive. About 18months ago the neighbour piled a high stack of heavy wood by the side of his house but on the shared drive making it impossible to gain access down the full length of the drive to the garage ( even though we have not used the garages).
A couple of days ago they dropped a note to me informing me that they were going to pave the front of their house and were going to build two walls either side.
The builders arrived the following day and have started on the work.
If they build the wall closest to the shared drive it will mean that it would be difficult for me to park the car and I will be unable to open the door.
The neighbour has not consulted me about anything. What do I do?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok service

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. What else do you need to know

Do you by any chance have access to your title deeds?