12826847

Just a quick question. I employed a plumber to fix my shower,

Customer Question

Just a quick question. I employed a plumber to fix my shower, he gave me a fixed quote with possible extra charges for materials.
AFTER the job was finished, without prior advice, he doubled the cost by adding some materials charges (which I do not contest) and adding on labour charges (which I DO contest).
In the performance of his work, he broke my vacuum cleaner (which he used without permission) and numerous other things.
I offered to pay all charges apart from the extra labour fees, but this was refused.
In light of this I offered to pay all charges (including labour) with charges made from my side for the damaged items.
He has now threatened to take me to small claims court.
I have copies of all correspondance.

Does he have a case?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to
advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

What are your losses?