12826847

My parents divorced at the age of 65 in approx 1988 my Mother

Customer Question

My parents divorced at the age of 65 in approx 1988 my Mother paid my father £7,000.00 and he transferred his half over to to my Mother, my sister and I each gave my Mum £3.500 each so she could afford to buy him out. My Mother made out a will stating that we would jointly inherit the house on her passing. My Mother will be 90 years old in August this year, the last 20 or so years we have done everything for her and managed the upkeep of the house. Today my Mother let it slip that she had changed her will some years ago in favour of my Sister, her logic being that I have a house (still 7 years to run on the mortgage) and my sister rents a house, we live in Scotland. Do I have any rights under the terms of my Mothers will to contest this decision? Would I be entitled to anything, I think my Mother only has a few thousand pounds in the bank at present as she has put in a new kitchen and bathroom. I am deeply shocked and upset at this news after all the care I have given her over the years.