How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70124
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

can i refuse a probation officer from coming to my house my

Customer Question

can i refuse a probation officer from coming to my house my wife does not know i have been put on probaton and await sentenceing she is not well and i am willing to do any jobs within reason i am a disabled pensioner
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

What is the offence?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my offence was indency in my car a person saw me having a pee and i pleaded guilty and was refferred to probation fer sentenceing

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

You can refuse to allow Probation to visit you at home.

There are risks in doing that. Most likely they will say that you are not co-operating with them I'm afraid. That will mean they may recommend you are not suitable for any community order and the court would be left with custody, a fine or a conditional discharge. There are some other disposals like curfew but that isn't likely to be appropriate here because it has no nexus to the offence.

Obviously they are not going to give you a fine or a conditional discharge for indecent exposure and so you would be placing yourself at risk of custody. The court is likely to be reluctant to do that too but those are the risks.

If you explain to probation then they might accept it but there are no guarantees.

In relation to the sex offenders register, if you have pleaded to indecent exposure then you will be subject to notification requirements probably for five years. If you have just pleaded to outraging public decency then that isn't going to attract notification requirements.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks will see what happens

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
No problem. All the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice