12826847

can i refuse a probation officer from coming to my house my

Customer Question

can i refuse a probation officer from coming to my house my wife does not know i have been put on probaton and await sentenceing she is not well and i am willing to do any jobs within reason i am a disabled pensioner
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

What is the offence?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my offence was indency in my car a person saw me having a pee and i pleaded guilty and was refferred to probation fer sentenceing

You can refuse to allow Probation to visit you at home.

There are risks in doing that. Most likely they will say that you are not co-operating with them I'm afraid. That will mean they may recommend you are not suitable for any community order and the court would be left with custody, a fine or a conditional discharge. There are some other disposals like curfew but that isn't likely to be appropriate here because it has no nexus to the offence.

Obviously they are not going to give you a fine or a conditional discharge for indecent exposure and so you would be placing yourself at risk of custody. The court is likely to be reluctant to do that too but those are the risks.

If you explain to probation then they might accept it but there are no guarantees.

In relation to the sex offenders register, if you have pleaded to indecent exposure then you will be subject to notification requirements probably for five years. If you have just pleaded to outraging public decency then that isn't going to attract notification requirements.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks will see what happens

No problem. All the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.