12826847

Good morning. My telephone and internet services have been

Customer Question

Good morning.
My telephone and internet services have been provided by XLN for a few years now.
I was recently contacted by them and they told me that they were offering me a new package which would save me money.
I was contacted on my mobile so i listened to their offer which offered many benefits namely calling mobile, 08?? numbers and some other free calls which on the face of things appeared to be a good deal.
However on getting home and checking previous bills it appears that whilst my previous deal did not include the free calls mentioned above my monthly bill rarely went higher than the new package they were trying to sell me. so on that basis alone the package is not saving me any money but would in fact over the year cost me more.
I contacted XLN to explain the problem, i was informed by them that the offer went live on 27/5/13 and i called them 31/05/13 and informed them that i did not want the package. I was then informed that i could not cancel this offer. When i mentioned that i must surely be within the contract cooling off period and i should be able to revert to my old package without penalty i was informed that this did not apply to this because I was and existing customer.

I have clearly been misold this package and i would thnk that because this is a finacial agreement that the cooling of period should apply.
Please could you advise my options.
Bob M
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

I'm sorry for the delay you've experienced

Why do you think a cooling off period should apply?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cooling off period should apply because i was contacted on my mobile so i was unable to check their facts and because it is a financial agreement tied in for a period of time.

i should be allowed time to veiw contract and reveiwing the terms before being bound by it surely.?????

No, it doesn't work like that I'm afraid.

Is this an update on an existing contract?