12826847

Undue influence. Does this cover standing over an elderly

Customer Question

Undue influence. Does this cover standing over an elderly person directing them who to write large cheques out to and to influencing them into buying them a £300000 house, plus paying out large sums to them constitute undue influence and boasting about it to others. Also because said elderly relative did not give them a £25.00 Xmas present left her on the doorstep wringing the bell 2 days later when she had been invited to dinner and boasting about it, said elderly relative is in her 90's.  Elderly relative does not think she is being influenced.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to
advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

Do you have a specific question?