31090051

I am a sole trader, I work on behalf of an adr,hgv, driving

Customer Question

I am a sole trader, I work on behalf of an adr,hgv, driving agency. i am currantly driving hgv vehicles for their customer carrying petroleum products to sainsbury petrol stations. I am now being told i have to have public liability insurance. what I want to know is this, is it down to me as a sole trader to hold this insurance or should it be down to the agency to cover, as I am on their contract.

regards

say transport
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

This is a matter of contract between you and the agency. If the agency doesn't carry this insurance and their clients insist on it then the agency can make it a condition of your contract with them that you carry such insurance. So there is no law on this as such. It is solely a matter of contract and what is agreed between you and the agency and the agency and their client.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.