Hi, I was preasure sold a business to business contract and

Customer Question

Hi, I was preasure sold a business to business contract and found out later that I did not have a cooling off period. I have since read that if insurance was included at the time of taking it out then there was a cooling off period, is this true?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to
advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In August last year I sought advice from Acas on a problem with 1 of my employees, the guy said he could send someone round that afternoon to help so I agreed. A rep from Peninsula Business Services in Manchester came round and I soon sussed that he was a sales rep. I told him the situation and he frightened me to death with who might sue me and how it might cost me tens of thousands of pounds in solicitor fees etc. It was a hard sell tactic basicly to which i fell foul of, at no time did he explain the business to business rules of signing. The print was very small on the contract and it was hard to read properly, still in a panick i signed the dotted line.

After later on when my wife came home she pointed the no cooling off bit out to me so straight away I rang the rep and told him I wasn't happy with what had gone off and he pointed out that its too late to pull out.I have since read that if insurance was taken [I didn't know I had taken this the rep never told me] at the time of signing this contract then you were entitled to a 14 day cooling off period.

I struggle to make contact with them, they don't return emails and its took this length of time to get a final answer from them. I offered them £2000 to cancel but they still insist I stay signed in with them. They are charging me £12,000 for a 5 year deal.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
I have heard bad reports of Peninsula before but I dont have enough knowledge to answer I am afraid.

I am going to opt out of this for another expert to consider. Please do not reply or it comes back into my inbox. Another expert will pick it up at some stage. It is now open to all experts.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nicola Your experts seem to be struggling with what I consider quite an easy question and I'm going away for a week tomorrow so I think we better cancel this question for now.

I expect a full refund as soon as possible.