12826847

Hi I have just arranged a mortgage thru a mortgage adviser

Customer Question

Hi I have just arranged a mortgage thru a mortgage adviser but when I got my mortgage offer it said I had to pay off my credit card as my adviser had made a mistake by putting it in the application .he has advised me that I don't need to pay this but still tell my convainsor that it has been paid as he will ask me to sign a disclaimer and it only go's in my convinsors file and not to the bank is this correct .
Thanks Steve
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

What does the disclaimer you are being asked to sign say?

AJ
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi i dont exactly know what it says yet as i have not seen it .

but what my question was if i dont have the proof of paying my card will the bank ask for proof or does disclaimer just stay in my file at the convainsors

Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

In all likelihood the conveyancer is going to act for your and the bank. If you say something that is untrue the conveyancer may be obliged to report it to the bank.

It is also potentially fraud. I would be very wary about doing this. Is this the only way you can obtain the mortgage?

AJ