12826847

after being arrested i had my home search and 2 group by forensic

Customer Question

after being arrested i had my home search and 2 group by forensic without my presence was it normal procedure
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

In November 18th 2012, 4 officers of Kennington Police Station have arrested me at my home, allegation of rape, which I just knew about at the police station, at the same time or next day, I don't remember now. I've been informed that I had a group of forensic at my home searching for evidence. is it a norymal procedure? up to now I feel that I have people spying on me. As in my home I have very strange noise on the walls, like some sliding door opening and closing. This thing is getting paranoid. I can't leave my life in peace any more. I don't know how to get help. I have been under pressure since then.

Is the allegation that this incident took place at your home?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

That is fairly normal procedure then. Obviously forensics teams will only do what is appropriate to any individual case. If the allegation is of stale offences then there would be no point in examination but a recent incident would give rise to the need for this type of investigation.

It doesn't prove anything necessarily. They may not find anything. What they do find may support your account Rather than the crowns.

I know its an unpleasant experience as is generally an investigation of this kind but they are under an obligation to respond to reports even very weak ones.

I'm very sorry if this is bad news

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How can I know if the case is closed and about my suspicious of been watched?

If you are on police bail then there should be a date set down to re attend the police station where they will have formally to take no further action, rebailed you or charge you.

Its quite unlikely that they have you under surveillance though. It isn't really supportive of an allegation of rape to do that.
Sorry for the delay overnight.