My car was impounded two days ago and it was sorned 16 February

Customer Question

My car was impounded two days ago and it was sorned 16 February online. I was very ill in hospital. Now disabled and living in sheltered accommodation. My car was taken from private car park outside my flat. I want the car to be retured from Avonmouth Compound to me complete with contents. Compensation for damaged tyres as it must have been dragged as the one key is in my handbag.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Do you know why it has been impounded?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

For JOMO1972

The letter from DVLA states that the car was displaying an out of date tax disc and was not sorned. It was sormed on my friend's iPOD on 16th February whist I was ill in hospital. I had been worrying about the need for MOT etc and XXXXX XXXXX my friend suggested sorn.

Was it still kept on road?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The car was parked in the tenant's car park opposite the main entrance to the block of flats where I live.

It was locked and contains some bags of painting gear and my easel. I moved into the flat after knee replacement surgery, my knee became infected and I became seriously ill. Emergency admission to hospital where I remained from 15 September 2012 until 19th March 2013. I still cannot walk and will be unable to drive. The plan is to get the car in immaculate condition and sell it.

When did the tax run out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I keep receiving requests for the same information. I needed answers quickly yesterday. I have not had relevant advice so rang the Compound at Avonmouth again and they said I must pay over £420
plus get a tax disc and also pay for a low-loader and driver to get the car back to Burnham. I would then have to pay even more to get it ready for sale.

Another suggestion is to go to Avonmouth and collect my belongings from the car and let them crush it on the 10th (Sunday). I have decided that this is the best option as I can't drive any more.

I would like a refund of my £40 please.