12826847
Law

Have just returned from Grand Sirenis Hotel Riviera Mexico

and were persuaded to sign... Show More
and were persuaded to sign up for their Premium Travellers Club. Had our doubts the next day but were reassured that all was fine and it was a good deal. We paid a deposit and the final payment is due to be taken from our credit card on 30th of July. Since returning home and reading the paperwork
which we didn't see until we had signed on the computer. We only had small paragraphs of the agreement pointed out to us. There seems to be many extra costs with them and also the travel clubs associated with them. I have been told that under Mexican law we should have been offered a 5 day cooling off period. We have decided that this deal is not for us and would like to know how we can proceed. Can we cancel the final payment and is there anyway we can get our deposit back.
Show Less
replied 4 years ago.
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Is this a holiday club or a timeshare? Or something else entirely?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

Hi JOMO1972

The Sirenis premium travellers club appeared to be offering superior accommodation at their own resorts and also at other resorts around the world. However the companies that they are affiliated with which are Resorts Condominium International [RCI] and Dial and Exchange Affiliation [DAE] which appear to be timeshare. We have purchased 50 weeks which you then deposit with these companies after paying a further fee.

Jo C., Barrister replied 4 years ago.
I'm not sure this is really my area then.

I will try to find you somebody who can help.

Stuart J, Solicitor
replied 4 years ago.
I have been asked to help.
Do they deny being a timeshare?
Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

Grand Sirenis did not sell themselves as a time share and their affiliates

describe themselves as timeshares. We have decided that this offer is not for us and will not be paying any more money to them. I think ,

reading their agreement, that we will be unable to get our deposit back and have decided to cut our losses

Nicola-mod, Moderator
replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer reply replied 4 years ago.

Please cancel the question as I have managed to resolve it myself.