Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience

Hi I live in Dubai and I was lately involved in a relationship

Customer Question

I live in Dubai and I was lately involved in a relationship with a resident lady which offers escorting sexual services. I'm now fade up from this relation because she keeps lying too much and not telling the truth and cheated em many times.

I was thinking of notifying her employer in Dubai about what she is doing . I have email from the escort agency showing her photo and she also asked me to took some photos of her in the hotel during one of our meeting.

I want to know if there will be any harm on me of doing such action.

Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
I strongly recommend you do not do that. It is better to politely terminate the relationship and leave it at that.

Sex outside of marriage is illegal in Dubai and there have been instances where expatriates have been jailed. If you draw attention to the fact that you have been having sex outside marriage you could find yourself being prosecuted.

If you do it anonymously she could still report you to the authorities if she gets into trouble which is quite likely.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I understand your answer very well but she will also draw attention to other customers and the agency which she used to work for which is based in ukrania and properly those customers will deny the relation, same as me.

Will the authority jail all of us, me, her and her other customers?

WEll s you know the authorities in Dubai are quite unpredictable but my impression is they only tend to react when things are brought out into the open and of course they do not want to discourage visitors or trade. That is why I suggest you do not stir things up and just politely terminate the relationship.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. One last question. What about publishing the photos on her Facebook where her colleagues at work and family r there. Will this also lead to problems.

Will this be harshment? What will be the law?

Sorry for asking many questions, I wanna follow ur advice but I don't want also to blame myself in future that i didn't use any chance because she will keep running behind me.
depending on the nature of the photos that may be just as bad but if you can do it without it being traced to you on Dubai then it is up to you. You need to bear in mind that Facebook publication is world wide so you may be infringing privacy and or other such laws in different jurisdictions .

It is not for me to advice you on personal as opposed to legal issues but I think the right thing to do is just get on with your liife - do not stoop to her level if she is unfaithful and untrustworthy . But it is up to you.