I have recently had a new bathroom and toilet fitted, the

Customer Question

I have recently had a new bathroom and toilet fitted, the shower has a discoloured tile due to water ingress, the bathroom mirror has not been fitted (or supplied).
The toilet has been fitted and the waste pipe has bee forced it has buckled and is bent restricting flow.

I had arranged for the company to come back this afternoon, taking a half days holiday for this matter and they have failed to turn up despite confirming the appointment and visiting the shop, reminder e-mails and phone calls; I finally got a call at 4.30pm to say they where not coming.

What are my options.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

What would you like to know?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What are my options.

Ideally I just want the work repaired, however they have failed to turn up,

can I get someone else to do the work and recharge?

You could do that in the long run but not at this stage.

Of course, it is bad customer services of them to make an arrangement and not keep it. That doesn't mean that you are released from contractual obligations though.

Clearly this item is not fit for purpose. They seem to accept that really since they are coming to work upon it.

You are under an obligation to give them a reasonable opportunity to repair the fault. I can completely see why you are annoyed about this but one missed appointment might not be considered a reasonable opportunity. I would suggest allowing them to rearrange at very least once and for safety twice.

If they fail to attend or do not achieve anything useful on the third occasion then you could instruct another to put right the fault and sue for the cost fairly safely.

I'm sorry if this is bad news.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.