Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I failed to provide superannuation monies received whilst on

Customer Question

I failed to provide superannuation monies received whilst on disability pension I believed they were exempt I may go to jail cant eat sleep can government authorities take money I owe from my sons
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. At the outset, the government authorities cannot take any money you owe from your sons. In law, each person is a separate independent entity and sons bear no liability for the debts of their father. It is only you who has a liability, not your sons. Secondly, be aware that you are most unlikely to get jail for a error of this nature. It is not a serious offence in the scheme of things and apart from a slap of the wrists, you will not be treated harshly and certainly you won't get jail. So don't worry unduly and loose sleep over it. Get back to eating again and try to put this matter to one side, as it is not worth getting ill over it.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid