12826847

A electricity board is demanding money on a property I have

Customer Question

A electricity board is demanding money on a property I have never resided in, I know there is a act that you can quote telling the board under the act they cannot demand money in this way, can you dig it out
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to
advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There is a law, and if quoted stops elec boards from demand money

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
So htey are demanding money for a property that you have no knowledge of, you never lived in it, dont own it, have nothing whatsoever to do with it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do own the property but tenant pays this electric, this money act does exist and have used it before to good effect, but have mislaid it

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Is the electricity account in yr name or the tenants?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Elec board put in my name.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Was this when tenants were in or after? I need full breakdown of time and occupancy to see if you are actually liable for this or not
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When tenants were in

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
I need full breakdown of time and occupancy to see if you are actually liable for this or not
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Has always been occupied, no breaks.However I know of financial act which when quoted will stop elec board making demands. I have lost the wording

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
I am not aware of it. I will opt out for another expert
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

I have been asked to look at this. On what basis are you hoping to avoid their claims? You seem to accept that you are liable? Is that right? If so, why shouldn't they claim?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972

I do not use electic, the tenant does, hence I am not Liable. A act States I cannot be pursued Regards

Sorry but I've never heard of any such legislation so I'll opt out.