12826847

I have had trouble trying to get my money for putting up three

Customer Question

I have had trouble trying to get my money for putting up three suspended ceilings. On the quote I wrote that the goods belong to me until the invoice is paid in full. Can I legally take back my goods as they will not pay?
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am a sole trader and erect suspended ceilings, sometimes with light fittings in them. I have paid for the goods supplied to this client and would like my money back as I can ill afford to pay for materials and not get the money back

Are they affixed to the building now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes. They are up in place.

Thanks for the information.

I am sorry but you cannot do that then. Unfortunately this item has become affixed to the building and so part of it. It cannot be removed at this stage.

Thats not to say that you do not have a cause of action against them. You can just sue at the county court. I do realise that isnt so immediately effective as removing the supplied item but even if you did that it wouldn't do anything about the fact that your services were not remunerated and it would place the onus upon you rather than upon them.

For what its worth, I do sympathise as I cannot stand people who take goods and services and don't pay either.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.