12826847

I am suffering from and has sustained a lot of facial and chest

Customer Question

I am suffering from and has sustained a lot of facial and chest injuries caused by a diver of a stolen car who was being chased by the police around 6-45 and 6-50 pm while driving home from work, Monday 3rd June, 2013.
My is a write off according to my insurance company and no compensation for injuries, a courtesy car or a replacement car.
Is this situation normal for an accident that was not even my fault? Shouldn't the police be partly responsible for chasing someone stealing a few pounds at one of the busiest time of the day, endangering so many other lives and why are we slugging away every day to pay our bills "insurance"?
Please advise.
Naz
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

Have you spoke to a solicitor or the MIB?